Site Inactive
Site Contributions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Company of the White Tree Forum Index -> Captains Orders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isilene
Imraleth Berithoniel
Captain-General

Awarded:

re: Oath of Service

The following is written in the graceful scroll of the Captain-General's pen on parchment. It accounts for the method, ceremony and wording of the Oath of Service that all men of Gondor must swear by:

So it shall be that the weapon of the one to swear shall be presented to the administrator of the oath, hilt or haft first. Then shall the administrator speak and recognise he who would swear his oath of service.

So swears him that would serve: "Here do I swear fealty and service to Gondor, and to the Lord and Steward of the Realm, to speak and to be silent, to do and to let be, to come and to go, in need or plenty, in peace or war, in living or dying, from this hour henceforth, until my Lord release me, or death take me, or the world end. So says I.." And so he who has sworn shall finish his oath with his name and title, and his homeland.

Then shall the administrator of the oath speak unto him who hath sworn: "And this do I hear.." And the administrator shall state his name and title, "and I will not forget it, nor fail to reward that which is given: Fealty with love, valour with honour, oath-breaking with vengeance." Then shall the Administrator return the weapon of the newly sworn and introduce him to those who are present.

So shall the oath of service be undertaken in the manner of accounting and allegiance that has endured since the days of Númenor. The administrator of the oath shall be the senior ranking oathsworn present, and record of it shall be kept and presented to Lord and from Lord to Steward, and from Steward to High King as such is the way of things. So too shall the Oath be held ere the end of days or release by the highest of authorities.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Company of the White Tree Forum Index -> Captains Orders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: