Site Inactive
Site Contributions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Company of the White Tree Forum Index -> Kinship News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isilene
Imraleth Berithoniel
Captain-General

Awarded:

re: Where do we go from here?

The roleplaying community at large has suffered greatly over the last year. Gone are the days of large roleplaying kinships and raid sized active memberships. The number of new players to the game is reduced to but a trickle. So the question which I am being asked by many is, "What do we do now?"

The fact is, on average, today's roleplaying kinship has less than six active members and of those more than half have been a member less than a year. Seeing a heavy roleplaying kinship with a sizeable force of members actively roleplaying together is gone. Factually, Turbine's kinship system has very little benefit to offer players which devalues organization of players as a community.

With all the new game content being designed for players in a high level range including the most cosmetically appealing items. New players just aren't being attracted to the game itself. The free to play system has proven to attract less devoted patrons of LOTRO. Old veterans have been returning to game but a Rether or not they will remain remains to be seen.

Considering our own plight and dwindling membership I have been weighing the options on where to lead us. I have thought of returning to Breeland to advertise, roleplay, and regrow our membership from what we can find. However.. after much consideration I have decided not to take this rout. This kinship has spent four years in breeland which is and will always be the roleplay capital of the game. When I created this kin all those years ago it was to provide a viable fun atmosphere for players to roleplay as an alternative to breed roleplay and to get away from the tavern scene. As such, it is my decision that this kinship will do as we have always intended. We will continue south on our way to Gondor. As we are soon to be entering Eregion, players hoping to join the kin will be required to be level 45 or higher. Members already in the kinship will be exempt from this requirements for ninety days starting October 1st 2013. After which all members less than level 45 will be removed and can rejoin when and if they meet the requirements. This may seem harsh yet it is however necessary. We're going to progressively be entering higher level content to roleplay in until we reach Condor. In order to maintain the quality of our roleplay and enjoyment of our members this action is necessary.

In closing, let me say that no matter what the roleplay will be there and waiting for you when you want it. If you want to fight for Gondor and experience the roleplaying campaign. Then follow me to Gondor.

Onward, to Gondor!
[/img]
Tellure
Militiaman

I think we have a great opportunity to RP in Rivendell for awhile as we regroup and prepare to make our way toward Gondor. It might give us some time to sort of find our footing again and get back into the feel of the Company once more.

-Airanthor

Guardsman

My RL situation is finally starting to stabilize. Slowly, yet surely. I think in at least a year's time I might be back for more Gondorian fun. 

"The real Revan wouldn't go crazy and kill the Emperor with an insane ceremony. The real Revan would get smashed on stims until his eyeballs bled, abuse the insane pathing AI, and reload the instant something went wrong. He would be unstoppable." - Excise, SWTOR Forums
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Company of the White Tree Forum Index -> Kinship News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: