Site Inactive
Site Contributions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Company of the White Tree Forum Index -> Applications and Guide to Applying
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vorgris
Militiaman

re: App: Vorgris

The application submitted by Vorgris is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Crilanad
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 62
Race : Race of Man
Class : Hunter

Please take the time to fill out a description of the character you are applying with, include such information such as: Name, Alias if any, Race, Class, Age, Physical Description, Place of Birth, Detailed personal biography. (The more information yo:
Name: Crilanad
Race: Man
Class: Hunter

Biography, as far as is currently developed (it gets Crilanad from the borders of Gondor and Rohan to Breeland):
Crilanad was the middle son of a forester. He had grown up in the Firien-Dale with his parents, an older brother, and a younger sister. His mother was of Rohan; his father, Gondor.

Crilanad is on the shorter side at 5 feet, 8 inches tall. He has dark brown hair and a full beard; his hair is so dark that some mistake it for black. His skin is fair, but somewhat tanned due to his years spent outside. He grew up next to the Firien Wood, developing his woodcraft, archery, and tracking skills from a young age. There was always plenty of wood available for Crilanad to pursue his passion--the crafting of great bows. It was partly due to his mother's tales of the great Rohirrim horse archers that he learned to shoot, but his riding skills were poor. He has never ridden on horseback--his family had one team of horses, and they were for hauling lumber from the Firien wood to market; they were not trained to bear men and would promptly throw any who tried to ride them, which Crilanad knew well from experience. By the time Crilanad reached adulthood, he was an accomplished archer, tracker, and woodsman.

When Crilanad was in his thirty-third year, an opportunity for which had long awaited presented itself. Hearing of the growing unrest in Rohan, Criland's father sent him and his older brother, Valgerad, to Edoras laiden with lumber from which (Crilanad believed) the finest arrows, as well as other goods could be crafted. Crilanad hoped for a chance to inspect and learn to craft the Rohirrim bows while at Edoras.

After a journey of some days, Crilanad and Valgerad arrived at Edoras, where they were received by one Grima, son of Galmod. As the elder sibling, Valgerad introduced themselves and announced their purpose: "Hail, Master Grima. My brother and I come bearing the finest lumber from the Firien Wood. News has come to our father of the growing unrest in Rohan. We hope that our load may be put to use defending Rohan and its fair people."

To which Crilanad added, "The finest arrows can be crafted from the Firien wood. You will find none truer, save perhaps from some elvish craft. It is also fine wood for the crafting of the great bows favored in Gondor. Though I am not familiar with the craft of the Rohirrim bows, I imagine it would serve your bowyers well."

Grima eyed the two brothers for a few moments; there was a brief flash of anger behind his eyes, but it quickly passed. "I know not where you hear news of Rohan, but you should not be so trusting of all you hear in the future. Rohan is at peace, my friends. Nevertheless, those resources may be of use at the Helm's Deep. Make your way there and a fair price will be paid for your goods."

Crilanad and Valgard thanked Grima and left the great hall. They stayed the night in Edoras and then set out for Helm's Deep. Unfortunately, they were not destined to reach their destination. Grima sent men loyal to him to waylay the brothers when they were a day's ride out from Edoras. Since they were in the heart of Rohan and trusted Grima's words, they set no watch. Grima's men set upon them in the middle of the night, and with a club to the head Crilanad knew no more.

Crilanad awoke in a cart alone. His hands and feet were bound. He had a nasty cut on his head, and a splitting headache. He didn't know how long he'd been out, but the landscape was unfamiliar. Over the next few weeks his head slowly healed. He caught brief snatches of conversation among his captors, and learned that he was bound for forced labor for someone named "Sharkey" near some place called the "Shire". He learned also somewhat of his brother's fate. Valgerad hadn't weathered the attack as well as Crilanad, and was left at Isengard.

After some weeks, the landscape changed to gently rolling hills, well-kept fields and some wooded areas. There was a fortified camp with a many foul, well-armed men about. Crilanad was thrown into a cell and forgotten for the moment, until a use was found for him.

Is your character a Dunedain? If so, describe in detail his family tree as far back as you can, give years of birth and death if known as well as names of all his or her ancestors.:
No

Are you a roleplayer? How long have you been roleplaying? :
I want to be! I am a lore junky, and have been for many years. This is my first attempt at actually roleplaying in an MMO.

Are you a member of any other kinships? If so, please list which kinships you are currently in, and which kinships you have been in, in the past.:
No. I just started playing LOTRO again after about a 6 month break. I was in Not All Who Wander Are Lost before my extended absence, but it's been disbanded.

Have you completely read the rules and regulations governing roleplay in character and player ethics out of character within the kinship? :
Yes

Do you understand the rules and regulations?:
Yes

Thank you for the detailed background and information you provided. Now we would like to take the time to ask you a few questions. Please do your best to answer truthfuly and to the best of your ability.

Who was the last King of Gondor?:
Earnur

Aragorn is descended from the line of Anarion, not Isildur.:
False

Since the end of the line of Kings in Gondor, the rule of Gondor has passed to the line of Stewards.:
True

Prince Imrahil of Dol Amroth in Belfalas, is heir to the throne of Gondor.:
False

The Prince of Dol Amroth, Prince Imrahil, out ranks the Steward, Denethor II when it comes to the overall rule of Gondor.:
False

Do you have any comments or questions, or anything further you would like to add to your application before it is processed?:
As far as availability goes, I usually play for an hour or two most days of the week, and a couple of hours on weekends. I'm leaving availability as 'Don't Know', because it varies considerably.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Don't Know
Wednesday -> Don't Know
Thursday -> Don't Know
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Don't Know
Isilene
Imraleth Berithoniel
Captain-General

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Vorgris - by Isilene Valcrest

very nicely written, I approve this applicant for membership.

Vorgris
Militiaman

re: APPROVED - App: Vorgris - by Isilene Valcrest

Thanks, Isilene. I'm new to writing fiction, so any constructive criticism is appreciated.

I'm looking forward to joining you all in game! Based on the "Where do we go from here" post, it looks like I'm joining The Company of the White Tree at an interesting time.

Has the campaign moved to Eregion yet? I ask because thus far in Crilanad's story, he escaped from the forced labor camp and discovered that he was just south of Andrath. At this point, he can either take a few days' journey north to Bree to resupply and get some information before beginning the search for his brother, or he can make his way cross-country towards the Gap of Rohan, inevitably ending up in Eregion.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Company of the White Tree Forum Index -> Applications and Guide to Applying All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 2963days ago0 Replies
 3299days ago0 Replies
 3406days ago0 Replies
 3409days ago0 Replies
 3589days ago1 Replies
 3690days ago0 Replies
 3797days ago2 Replies
 3806days ago2 Replies
 3840days ago0 Replies
 3840days ago0 Replies

Who's Online
None

Turbine has discontinued the server status API that allowed us to bring you this widget. Please let us know if you find a new API we could utilize.

Calendar
Spread the Word